The Barefoot Cook

Hot Dogs and French Toast? For Breakfast?

0

That's right! My husband and I are big fans of Adam Richman and the show Man VS Food on the Travel Channel. Recently one morning Jon decided to try something that he had seen on the show. When he described it to me, it...well....made me throw up a little in my mouth, lol! We had no specific recipe for this so this is our version of the above pictured breakfast food (I don't even know what to call it!!)

First in a small bowl beat an egg with a little milk. Take 2 slices of sourdough bread and soak both sides in the egg mixture. Fry in skillet (I always use my great Grandmother's well seasoned black cast iron skillet) with a little cooking oil on both sides until browned. Remove, butter and season with cinnamon/sugar. Set aside. Take two hot dogs and slice lengthwise making sure not to go all the way through. Open and fry these in the same pan with a little more oil added until browned and they just start to curl. Top with slices of extra sharp cheddar cheese (on the show they used swiss cheese which we didn't have on hand). Turn off the heat and place a cover over the hot dogs until the cheese is melted and gooey. Now here's the part that sounds really gross....spread the french toast with strawberry jam. Place the hot dogs on top of the french toast and dig in. The first bite may seem hard to place in your mouth but believe me (I tried this) it is REALLY delicious!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment